Watkins Insurance Group believes that our employees drive the success of our agency.
We take pride in developing internal talent by providing multiple educational channels to further an individual’s insurance knowledge. Our entire staff is provided with opportunities to gain insurance industry designations of which they can be proud. We believe in providing a challenging atmosphere so that individuals can explore and develop their abilities to the fullest.
The careers available at Watkins Insurance Group are as varied as our six Texas locations. From entry level positions such as reception and data entry to high level Commercial and Personal Lines Account Manager positions, every career at Watkins Insurance Group is rewarding in many ways.
We take pride in being a "Top Workplace in Austin". See why!
All applicants MUST complete the Work Experience Questionnaire and email a resume to KMartinez@WatkinsInsuranceGroup.com to be considered. Please reference the position for which you are applying in the subject header.
The Watkins Insurance Group team is currently looking for candidates to fill the positions of:
BENEFITS SERVICE ADVISOR (Austin, TX)
Job Purpose and Responsibility
Your goal at Watkins Insurance Group is to assist in servicing your book of business assigned to you by adhering to our current policy processes and procedures using the technology and software tools available to you. You will be required to work closely with your team Producer(s) and possibly Benefits Account Advisor(s) to maintain open communication regarding these accounts. Your attention to detail is critical to ensure that enrollments, changes and terminations; enrollment and billing audits; claims assistance; and other correspondence to companies/carriers and clients/prospects is accurate and detailed. Your written and oral correspondence should be professional and clearly communicated. Your position is extremely important to the team and the overall customer experience.
Essential Job Functions
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Answer inquiries regarding benefits, eligibility, and coverage from employers and employees.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent.
Licensure: Licensed Life and Health Agent.
Experience: At least two (2) years of insurance experience with Employee Benefits.
COMMERCIAL INSURANCE ADVISOR (Austin, TX)
Job Purpose and Responsibility
Your goal is to assist in growing a book of business by working with contracted companies/carriers to provide an insurance solution for our customers.
Position involves providing clients with excellent customer service by educating clients on policy coverage and options; replying promptly to client inquiries and supplying them with requested documents utilizing several web-based portals for quoting and service; annual coverage reviews; as well as marketing and negotiations.
The Insurance Advisor will work closely with Producers and team members in writing new business, retaining renewals, reviewing, and rounding accounts. Insurance Advisors also work with company underwriters and other carriers representatives to maintain excellent agency/carrier relations.
* Applicants must be a licensed GL-Property & Casualty insurance agent in good standing with the Texas Department of Insurance. Minimum of 3 years recent Commercial account management experienced required.
* Applicants with current industry educational designations are preferred as well as those well-versed in the Applied TAM Agency Management system.
* Candidates must be professional, well-spoken, organized, a self-starter, and have excellent communication skills. Fluency in Spanish in addition to the listed desired skills is a plus, but is not required.
COMMERCIAL SERVICE ADVISOR (Austin, TX)
Your goal is to assist in servicing an assigned book of business by adhering to our processes and procedures using the agency's technology and software tools while providing excellent customer service.
The ideal candidate will be required to work closely with the team Producer(s) and Commercial Insurance Advisor(s) to maintain open communication regarding accounts. Attention to detail is critical to verify that the business insurance policies, endorsements, audits, and other correspondence from our companies/carriers is accurate.
You will be required to verify coverage and policy conditions to properly issue Acord certificates of insurance. The ability to report claims and follow up until settlement is required.
* Applicants must be a licensed GL-Property & Casualty insurance agent in good standing with the Texas Department of Insurance.
* Minimum of 2 years of servicing Commercial accounts for an insurance agency is required.
* Candidates must be professional, well-spoken, organized, a self-starter, and have excellent communication skills.
* Accuracy is important along with having strong organizational skills for a fast-paced environment.
* The ability to work well in a team environment is necessary to meet the challenges of the position.
* Proficiency using Microsoft Office software is required.
* Experience in Applied TAM, strong certificate knowledge, and fluency in Spanish in addition to the listed desired skills and experience is a plus, but is not required.
Become an Independent Insurance Agent
Do you own your own agency or have you considered running your own agency? If you believe that your career path is as an agency owner, or if you are currently a captive agent and are interested in becoming Independent, please contact us to learn more about becoming an Independent Strategic Member of SIAA.
SIAA stands for Strategic Insurance Agency Alliance and is a nationwide organization which provides resources to help your agency succeed as it otherwise may not. Watkins Insurance Group manages two territories of SIAA in Texas and has opportunities available. Contact Rodney Watkins to learn more.