Affordable Care Act: 2021 Compliance Checklist
October 28, 2020
The Affordable Care Act (ACA) has made a number of significant changes to group health plans since the law was enacted in 2010. Since that time, a number of changes have been made to various ACA requirements that employers and plan sponsors should be aware of. It is important for employers to periodically review their benefit plans in order to maintain compliance with these various requirements.
Changes to some ACA requirements take effect in 2021 for employers sponsoring group health plans, such as increased dollar limits. To prepare for 2021, employers should review these upcoming requirements and develop a compliance strategy.
Click here for the ACA compliance checklist for 2021. Please contact Watkins Insurance Group for assistance or if you have questions about changes that were required in previous years.
Links and Resources
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services’ (HHS) Final Notice of Benefit & Payment Parameters for 2021 established the cost-sharing limits for 2021.
- Internal Revenue Service (IRS) Revenue Procedure 2020-36 indexed the affordability contribution percentages for 2021.
Plan Design Changes
- Limits on cost-sharing for essential health benefits
- Coverage affordability percentages under the employer shared responsibility rules
- Health flexible spending account (FSA) salary contribution limits
- Maximum penalties for ACA reporting violations
- Dollar amounts for calculating employer shared responsibility penalties