Come Grow With Us!
Watkins Insurance Group believes that our employees drive the success of our agency. We are committed to creating a positive and productive place to work. We take pride in developing internal talent by providing multiple educational channels to further an individual’s insurance knowledge. Our entire staff is provided with opportunities to gain insurance industry designations of which they can be proud. It’s an inviting atmosphere intended to inspire people to bring their wealth of experience, creativity, and enthusiasm to their jobs every day. We believe in providing ae energetic atmosphere so that individuals can explore and develop their abilities to the fullest.
The careers available at Watkins Insurance Group are as varied as our locations. From entry level positions such as reception and data entry to high level Commercial and Personal Lines Insurance Advisor positions, every career at Watkins Insurance Group is rewarding in many ways. We are a team. Our combined goal is to analyze client insurance needs and develop a risk management plan which includes insurance as well as a variety of risk management techniques. We’re here to help!
We take pride in being a “Top Workplace in Austin”. See why!
Do you exhibit a positive attitude? Share a passion for service? Believe in going the extra mile? Love teamwork? Take pride in your work? Are you compassionate and open to coaching?
Apply by emailing your resume. Please reference the position for which you know you are talented in in the subject header. Have an insurance background? Help us evaluate you insurance background by complete the Work Experience Questionnaire.
Departments & Positions:
*denotes a position currently open
We always want to meet talented people. The following teams and roles make Watkins run effectively.
* Payroll and Accounting Specialist
Process payroll and performs a variety of Accounting Department functions to support insurance operations, accounts receivable, accounts payable, month-end close, and 401(k) processing.
Essential Job Functions:
Duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Processes semi-monthly and monthly payroll, ensuring that employees are paid in a timely and accurate manner. Enters payroll reconciliation into accounting system.
- Processes 401(k) transactions including employee enrollment, deferrals, employer match, and employee elective changes, as well as reporting to third-parties.
- Reviews daily banking activity to identify commission payments received and pulls corresponding P&C commission statements from carrier websites.
- Processes daily bank deposits.
- Prepares month-end bank statement reconciliation.
- Processes recurring internal (cross-entity) transfers and loan payments.
- Processes monthly credit card statement(s) including breakdown and categorization of expenses, and allocation across departments.
- Prepares ACH transactions for review and approval.
- Reconciles AccessPlus commissions and makes internal transfer(s).
- Processes general (non-insurance) accounts payables and allocates expenses across departments.
Commercial Lines | Personal Lines
Assists Agents in the design or independently designs coverage that most appropriately meets the needs of our clients by marketing a number of insurance companies.
Commercial Lines | Personal Lines
Provides all levels of supports to Agents, Insurance Advisors, and clients by servicing insurance accounts. Duties may include processing policy changes, cancellations, invoicing policies, and preparing certificates of insurance.
Benefits Account Advisor
Works with Agents and clients to offer customized group benefits plans through negotiating and marketing efforts.
Benefits Service Advisor
Provides overall benefits administration to support agency/carrier relations for Benefits clients.
Become an Independent Insurance Agent
Do you own your own agency or have you considered running your own agency? If you believe that your career path is as an agency owner, or if you are currently a captive agent and are interested in becoming Independent, please contact us to learn more about becoming an Independent Strategic Member of SIAA.
SIAA stands for Strategic Insurance Agency Alliance and is a nationwide organization which provides resources to help your agency succeed as it otherwise may not. Watkins Insurance Group manages two territories of SIAA in Texas and has opportunities available. Contact Rodney Watkins to learn more.